- Analysis of the National Coordination Mechanism of each GIABA Member State and Mauritania;
- Assessment of the effectiveness, as well as identify the strengths and weaknesses of each system;
- Examining the (positive or negative) role the AML/CFT Coordination Committee could play within the National Coordination Mechanism where applicable;
- Prepare Recommendations.
UK FCDO (formerly DFID) Completion Review of STAAC (Strengthening Action Against Corruption)-Ghana from 25 November 2020 – 6 Jan 2020.
- Review of the five year project on Strengthening relevant regulatory, institutional, legal frameworks as well as supervisory agencies in the Anti-corruption, governance and accountability field in Ghana.
- Assessment of the capacity of the Financial Intelligence Unit to perform and yield expected results. Assessment of the ability of the State regulatory institutions in delivering Ghana from the FATF ICRG process (where Ghana had been listed as a jurisdiction with strategic deficiencies in their AML/CFT&P regime).
- Assessment of the institutional and human capabilities of the investigative and prosecutorial bodies for compliance with investigations and prosecutions procedures as it relates to corruption, financial crimes and money laundering and financing of terrorism and the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction ML/FT&P.
EU/GIABA Project (OCWAR-M) – Mission to Ghana; September – October 2020
- Assessment of the Ghana anti-money laundering and counter-financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regime including the level of achievement of implementation of the FATF ICRG Action Plan for Ghana (October 2020).
- Review of the amended AML-CFT law, the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) Laws, the institutional capacity of the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIC), Police (CID), EOCO, CHRAJ, The AML/CFT&P Inter-Ministerial Committee, the judiciary and all other relevant reporting/accountable institutions to ensure they are adequately skilled and equipped to carry out their mandate.
- Meeting with other international development partners and projects such as GIZ, ARAP and STAAC with similar programmes/projects in the country to ensure coordination and avoidance of duplication of efforts
Mid-Term Evaluation of the Regional Project on Security Governance,
Stability and Peace in the Great Lakes Region
Head of Mission to assess the action of the European Union in terms of strengthening the capacity for action and proposal of the International Conference for the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) in the fields of peace consolidation, responsible management of mineral resources and the fight against gender -based violence so as to facilitate conflict resolution and early warning mechanisms for conflict prevention.
The action revolved around three result areas:
- the “peace and security” program of the ICGLR, the Extended Joint Verification Mechanism (MCVE) and the effective measures of disarmament, demobilization, repatriation, reintegration and reintegration (DDRRR) of the armed groups are reinforced.
- the control of the exploitation of natural mining resources (tungsten, tin, tantalum, gold) is more efficient.the human rights protection dimension, particularly in times of crisis, is reinforced.
Benin Anti-Corruption Project
(Institutional Assessment and Capacity building/enhancement)
- Assessment/evaluation of the capacity of the Ministry of Justice – Judiciary (Judges, Prosecutors, Magistrates and other legal practitioners as well as investigative authorities) Court Clerks, and other lower-level staff of the Ministry of Justice.
- Development of capacity enhancement protocols for relevant offices (anti-corruption and laundering the proceeds of corruption…)
- Training of Financial Investigators, Magistrates and Prosecutors
- Assessment of training provided